Juvéderm is a family of hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers that can smooth moderate to severe wrinkles or adds volume to the cheeks and lips. Treatment areas include smile lines, corner lines, marionette lines, and vertical lip lines. At Charles P. Virden, MD in Reno, Nevada, patients receive treatments with Juvéderm Volbella, Vollure, or Voluma depending on their needs and goals. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Charles Virden can create a unique treatment plan that may include one, two, or all of the Juvéderm formulas.
- Volbella is great for enhancing the lips instantly and contains lidocaine for increased comfort during treatment. Results last approximately 6 months to a year.
- Vollure is formulated for adding volume to the parenthesis lines that form from the nose to the corners of the mouth. It contains lidocaine as well. Improvements are immediate and typically last from 6 months to a year.
- Voluma is designed to correct age-related volume loss in the mid-face by adding lift and contour to the cheeks. It contains lidocaine as well. Results are usually seen right away and last up to 2 years.
The best candidates for Juvéderm:
- Have moderate to deep lines between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Have thin lips and desire plumper lips
- Have flat or drooping cheeks
- Desire long-term results
- Desire natural-looking results
"Dr. Virden and all the staff there treat you like family! He and Dr. Talbott (when she was there) fixed my daughters nose. A German Shepherd had bit half of it off. They performed the surgery and immediately after her nose looked completely normal. You never would have been able to tell anything happened. Of course there was scarring but her nose was a complete nose again! They are amazing! I love them! They are the best!!After that experience I myself saw them for some botox and/ or Juvederm. Top notch! Never a problem and always looked great! Top of the line!"- Google User / Google / Dec 06, 2013
What to Expect
Beforehand, the doctor will determine the appropriate formula, injection site(s), and the correct dosage to begin this in-office treatment. Since Juvéderm already has a numbing agent (Lidocaine) included, additional numbing usually isn’t needed. The filler will be delivered through a fine needle to the lips, cheeks, and/or wrinkles and lines around the nose and mouth. Patients will feel a small prick and a tingling sensation from the injection. The treatment typically lasts 30 – 45 minutes.
After the injectable, there might be slight redness in the treated area. There could also be mild swelling, but it should go away rather quickly. Since there’s no downtime associated with Juvéderm, patients can return to their normal activities immediately. The face will be dramatically improved immediately after the treatment, and most patients can expect reliable results for up to 1 year.
Plan Your Procedure
- Procedure Recovery Location
Bye-Bye to Lines and Wrinkles
Juvéderm has not only become one of the most popular and trusted fillers on the market, it is also one of the most effective at diminishing tough lines and wrinkles. In addition, it can add needed volume to thin lips and deflated cheeks. To learn more about this safe and successful treatment, contact our office for a consultation.